Red Lobster’s Cheddar Biscuits

October 19, 2010

I’m almost, just almost, shaking my head at myself for posting this recipe. For starters, it’s based off Bisquick baking mix – hardly something to write home about. And then there’s the fact that these biscuits were popularized widely by the restaurant chain Red Lobster. It’s not that I have anything against Red Lobster, per say, in fact as far as chains go it’s pretty tasty and can be decently healthy. But if it came between a chain restaurant and eating at home, I’d choose the later.

But some things get wildly popular for a reason, like these Cheddar Biscuits, and I know I’m not the only person who finds them irresistible. The best part? The joy in J’s voice when I told him I had found a recipe to make them at home. I’m telling you, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who loves bread more than he does, in every form and variation.

Keep in mind, like most homemade variations of ‘secret restaurant recipes’ these biscuits aren’t exactly like the originals; however, if you find yourself at home craving the famous Red Lobster biscuits, these certainly will do the trick. They’re light, buttery and speckled with cheddar cheese. Honestly, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with a combination like that.

Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits

*2 tablespoons butter, melted
*1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
*1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
*pinch of salt

Instructions
*Preheat oven to 400°F.
*Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don’t want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.
*Press dough mixture into a disc and cut out with circle cookie cutter or the mouth of a drinking glass. Transfer discs to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
*Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
*When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.

Happy Baking!

• Reply Indie.Tea October 19, 2010 at 9:38 am

I really, really like buttery, flaky biscuits with a snip of herbs…so good straight out of the oven!

• Reply blackbookkitchendiaries October 19, 2010 at 2:03 pm

my goodness this looks so good! wish i had one. you cant go wrong with butter and cheese:) yum! thank you for sharing this.

• Reply Jennifurla October 19, 2010 at 5:35 pm

One of the best things about red lobster, I also love crab cracking Mondays.

• Reply MoralChoice October 20, 2010 at 8:30 pm

On so many levels this was a great post, as the recipe is well written, and any resources to help maintain the national boycott of Red Lobster / Olive Garden are always welcomed. Thanks so much!

• Reply Lyrica Diane October 21, 2010 at 3:25 am

Really good! I'm going to try adding scallions next time to give it an extra kick.

• Reply running with chopstix October 22, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I've never eaten at Red Lobster but I've heard so much about these biscuits so I'm excited that you posted a recipe!

• Reply Tracy October 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I cannot wait to make these, they are the ONLY thing I love about Red Lobster! Yum 🙂

• Reply Anonymous October 24, 2010 at 6:24 am

It's per se, not per say

• Reply Jelli Bean November 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I use this recipe too, but I usually grate fresh garlic. Oh, how delish are these! I love them.

• Reply Vicki November 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Crickey, finally! I LOVE those darn Red Lobster biscuits. I'm going to try these with Smitten Kitchen's whipped cream biscuits instead of bisquick.

• Reply Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Ruby Tuesdays has the same biscuits they are better though.

• Reply Anonymous December 3, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I make similar biscuits but I add a dash of oregano and replace the garlic powder with minced garlic and brush it with a mix of butter, basil, oregano, garlic powder

They are delicious 😀

• Reply Anonymous January 31, 2011 at 8:46 pm

those don't look like the red lobster ones at all.

• Reply Dietra February 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I think the Red Lobster bisquits are dropped, not rolled and cut, which gives them have a higher, rounder, craggier top. That's why these might not look the same, but this recipe is really close to what you get there.

• Reply Anonymous March 25, 2011 at 12:30 am

these were absolutely delicious!! than you so uch for this recipe, we made these with some chicken parmesan and they were both incredible! i will never forget this recipe!

• Reply Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits | Espresso and Cream - redlobster May 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

[…] original post here: Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits | Espresso and Cream This entry is filed under Uncategorized and tagged […]