I know it’s only the second day of December, but I can already feel that my holiday spirit is lagging a bit. Not getting to partake in tree decorating with my mom and my sad selection of Christmas music, paired with the fact that I don’t have any Christmas traditions of my own may have more than a little to do with my attitude.
So this morning, when I was catching up on a little blog-reading, I was inspired by what I found on one of the cutest blogs around – The Rockstar Diaries. The author’s mother sent each of her daughters 25 gifts paired with 25 ‘challenges’ for the Christmas season. And since I thought it was such a great idea, I wanted to take the challenge and share it with you so you can take it, too, should you so desire.
Over the next couple weeks, look for updates on my Christmas Challenge progress. And if you decide to take it, I’d love to hear updates and see photos, too!
25 Christmas Challenges…
- go out of your way– befriend someone today that needs a friend and follow through to Christmas
- tell someone you love them
- make a tree decoration that will remind you of Christ
- in your prayers today, give thanks for every blessing without asking for anything
- try to be as kind as possible to others today
- try not to quarrel with family members today
- do a good deed anonymously
- make goals for yourself– seal a copy in an envelope to be opened in a year
- visit someone sick or lonely or sad
- do volunteer work for some worthy cause
- do something fun for a child or younger sibling
- try to forgive someone who has wronged you, be reconciled
- make a “give list” instead of a list of gifts you’d like
- improve yourself in some way to please the Savior
- quietly reflect and choose uplifting activities vs shopping
- phone or send a card to an old friend or family member
- listen to Handel’s Messiah
- make a christmas treat for someone else
- be a calming influence today and control your temper
- accept the gift of forgiveness– pray for some weakness and ask for help in repenting of it
- look at Christmas lights… where does all light come from?
- sing carols
- do something nice for someone without their knowing it was you
- be the first to say hello to people all day
- ask someone to tell you about a past Christmas