Wedding Shoes

March 30, 2011

A couple weeks ago, my mom came to do some work on the wedding. We crafted, shopped for decorating supplies and bought my wedding shoes (pictured above)!

Since I’m quite tall (just shy of 5’10) I was serious about buying flats or something with a very, very low heel. Typically, I don’t shy away from high heels. Joey is tall (around 6’4) so that’s not an issue, but the last thing I wanted was to look back at my wedding photos and see me, towering over everyone else in a white dress.

My mom, however, has never met a flat she likes and a heel she doesn’t, so after a bit of debate and a lot of browsing, I landed on a shoe that both of us love. In fact, as the days go by I love my shoes more and more. I know that wedding shoes, for some people, are a huge deal. Brides spend hundreds of dollars on the perfect shoe, but I am not that bride.

These shoes are so unbelievably comfortable, have a sturdy, low heel, and a pearly exterior that compliments the look and feel of my dress.

P.S. – I got a call yesterday that my dress came in! I can hardly wait to go try it on and get the fittings started.Ā

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 30, 2011 at 10:51 am

What a pretty shoe! I spent so much time looking for a comfortable wedding shoe. It ended up being the least expensive shoe I looked at!

• Reply Laura March 30, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Love the the shoes! I went with flats for my wedding too – partially for the comfort and partially so I would feel “little” aka, not taller than all the groomsmen. I totally know how you feel! šŸ™‚

• Reply Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 30, 2011 at 1:29 pm

love the shoes!!!

• Reply Jesse March 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

a modest heel in a stylish shoe, perfect for your wedding. i was kind of obnoxious and wore polka dot mary janes with my wedding dress, i just couldn't get over their cuteness:)

• Reply Rachel @ The Avid Appetite March 30, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Your shoes are beautiful! Congratulations, such a wonderful time!

• Reply Natalia - a side of simple March 30, 2011 at 4:06 pm

How exciting about your dress! Weddings are so fun, I love hearing about all the prep that goes into them (minus the drama, hope you can avoid that as much as possible!) Your shoes are lovely. Can't wait to see wedding photos šŸ™‚

• Reply Romance In A Glance March 30, 2011 at 4:20 pm

That is a beautiful shoe! Very different…I like it!

Hope things are going great,
    Savy

• Reply helennaturally March 30, 2011 at 7:27 pm

That is a beautiful shoe, I love it!!

I am such a shoe girl. I didn't have shoes for my wedding. We went with bare feet since it was on a beach, so I missed the whole shoe shopping.

• Reply Jenn March 31, 2011 at 4:33 am

Lovely shoes..i just love it i went for flats too..

• Reply Natalie March 31, 2011 at 12:51 pm

love them. LOVE them. sigh, weddings are so fun šŸ™‚

• Reply laquillen April 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm

The shoes are HAWT! Just found your blog via: Peanut Butter Runner. I think you have a new reader. Moi!

• Reply Cassiealicia February 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Do you happen to know the style of them? I love them!!!