Don’t Forget the Pie!

May 28, 2011

This weekend, among other things, I’m finalizing and photographing the pies we will be serving at our wedding in place of wedding cake. I took an informal poll at the office to get an idea of what types of pie would be the most universally loved, yet interesting enough to capture the taste buds, and I’m happy to report that I think we’ve found a few great options. Recipes themselves will be under wraps until July, but in the meantime, tell me:

What type of pie would you want to see served at a wedding?Ā

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet May 28, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I love that you are serving pie instead of cake at your wedding! My sister is obsessed with pie:-) I love all sorts of fruit crumble pies… although maybe I'd avoid cherry while wearing a fancy dress!

• Reply Raina May 28, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Mmm I love pie. I think I would want a pie that features a seasonal fruit šŸ™‚

• Reply Megan May 28, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I'm not a huge pie person, but I do love anything chocolately, and I love a good dutch apple pie with LOTS of streusel topping.

• Reply Kristen May 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Seasonal – for a July wedding I'd have to say peach or berry.

• Reply Anonymous May 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Banana Cream pie or Coconut Cream pie would be my picks. Something tropical flavored to compliment the July heat.

• Reply BrynnMarie May 29, 2011 at 12:17 am

Strawberry Rhubarb pie with French Vanilla ice cream… yum. šŸ™‚

• Reply jenn May 29, 2011 at 1:57 am

Marionberry is my fave….also apple, rhubarb, and plain strawberry! šŸ™‚ You know….just to name a few.

• Reply Cianne May 29, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Oooh, summer strawberry would be nice. Seasonal, a little less traditional, and yummy of course. Also, a mix of fruit and cream pies to please all the different palettes. My current personal fav is a banana-caramel-pecan pie that is just sinful. What ever you choose will be perfect!

• Reply Sarah May 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm

How fun to have pie instead of cake! I think lemon meringue would be a perfect wedding pie.

• Reply Megly May 31, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I'm a fan of blueberry with crumb topping… cute idea! I love unique twists on weddings.

• Reply Nuts about food June 1, 2011 at 2:12 pm

What an absolutely stunning photo! And congratulations for your wedding. I think pie is a great idea for a wedding, I love them all.

• Reply Missionfieldof5 June 1, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Your pie sounds delicious….would you email me when you post the recipe? I love cranberries and raspberries and my Mother In Law is a big Raspberry fan and I would like to surprise her with this pie if possible. Thank you so much for your time and may your wedding be a blessed day!!
    Melissa mommyinsc@bellsouth.net

• Reply Alison June 1, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Wow , this OOZy pie looks amazing.

• Reply writebake June 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm

That picture is AMAZING! Hm, as for pies at a wedding…strawberries & cream, maybe white chocolate cream pie? Best of luck! Seriously though, I am in love with this photo….it is alive!

• Reply Cara June 2, 2011 at 7:34 am

As rich as it is, I love French Silk pie. Can't wait to see what you serve at the wedding. Enjoy these last few weeks, they go by so fast! Try not to stress the details either, rather laugh at the mishaps, cherish the moments, savor each day and most importantly have fun!

• Reply Anonymous June 2, 2011 at 8:41 am

how about 3 tiers of pie?? šŸ˜€

• Reply Jen June 6, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I love the idea and did the same thing at our reception. We had apple pie (which was great since it was October)! Also had a sheet cake too.