Family Wedding Shower Weekend

June 24, 2011

Joey and I spent last weekend back at home and my mom’s side of the family threw me an absolutely wonderful wedding shower. I’m so blessed to have such talented, creative aunts and cousins, who also happen to be great cooks! Here are a few pictures from the weekend. As usual, when exciting things are going on I’m not very good at remembering to take photos.

• Reply BP June 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Best homemade bridal dresses EVER! ;D

• Reply Jessica @ How Sweet June 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm

judging from your first 2 pics, it looks like this shower was a blast! i totally agree with you.. when i'm having fun i just can't get behind the camera!

• Reply Micah June 24, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Your dog is so adorable. Love when you post pics of her. šŸ™‚

Looks like a fun shower!

• Reply Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray June 24, 2011 at 4:09 pm

But the pictures you did post are beautiful! Hope you had fun–pre-wedding festivities are the best. šŸ™‚

• Reply Anonymous June 24, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I'm completely jealous of your legs (pic 1)… is that weird to comment?! Have you changed your workout routine to get ready for the wedding? I'm getting married next May so I'm starting to wonder what I can do to improve my workouts and stick with them.

• Reply Madison Mayberry June 24, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Anonymous – Thank you so much for the sweet comment! I've changed my workout routine quite a bit, actually. Joey and I are running our first half marathon next weekend, five days before our wedding. (my idea, not his) That said, I've been running quite a bit lately. I also had a friend tell me that doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred was great right before your wedding. I've added on top of my training and have seen great results, although I only probably do the videos four or five days out of the week.

• Reply alice June 24, 2011 at 8:34 pm

You look so beautiful (and fierce!!)even in tissue paper and a garbage bag. It is so sweet to follow your journey through this exciting time!

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm

You look gorgeous! So happy for you and glad you are enjoying all the wedding-related festivties!

• Reply Anonymous June 26, 2011 at 6:58 am

I may only be able to see a bit of your shoes but I think I fell in love with them!