My Summer Beauty Faves

May 11, 2012
To say my beauty and makeup routine is basic is probably a huge understatement. I only really know how to do my eye makeup one way, and have yet to experiment with bright lip color, although I love the look on others. But I have found a night little mix of reasonably-priced (and sometimes downright cheap) beauty products that make my morning routine complete.Ā

What beauty products are you loving lately?Ā

• Reply UrbanWife May 11, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I feel kinda (really) frumpy now after seeing your routine! I just use some Bare Minerals and a dab of Burt’s Bees tinted gloss. Sometimes when I’m feeling crazy, I add a bit of bronzer (same brand) and a neutral eyeshadow. One thing I am religious about is my eye cream – 2x a day but I’m definitely not good at the whole daily moisturizing thing. Maybe I should re-think my beauty routine! Have a great weekend.

• Reply Madison Mayberry May 16, 2012 at 11:03 am

Trust me, I don’t always do the eyeliner and mascara routine. Sometimes it’s just a little bit of blush (always) and some face powder on the areas that tend to shine. šŸ™‚

• Reply Amy May 11, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I just use concealer (Maybelline Age Rewind), Aveeno tinted moisturizer, peachy blush and L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber mascara on a daily basis. And some Burt’s Bees lip balm. If I want to get fancy I’ll add eyeliner to the mix. Clinique All About Eyes is amazing – I use it every night and the rollerball serum version in the morning. I also love Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer and use it 2x/day!

• Reply Madison Mayberry May 16, 2012 at 11:02 am

Amy, I didn’t even know there was a rollerball serum version of the Clinique All About Eyes. I need to look into that!

• Reply Tguetlich May 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I seriously could not survive without the Clinic All ABout eyes. It is pricey, but I LOVE IT.

• Reply Kate May 12, 2012 at 12:15 am

Too funny – I posted about the exact same thing today! Must have beauty on the brain šŸ™‚

• Reply Emilie@ Emilie's Enjoyables May 12, 2012 at 12:41 am

I’ve been wanting to try liquid eyeliner but I’m slightly terrified of it. But I love clinique products as well!