Fashion

New Favorites

September 23, 2012

jeans: banana republic outlet premium denim skinnies | shoes: banana republic outlet | shirt: target | cardigan: j. crew

Ladies, let’s talk about shopping for jeans. I know, some of you might be groaning at the thought of shopping for new jeans after wearing skirts and dresses all summer, but I’ve got good news. Last weekend I discovered flattering, comfortable and affordable jeans. I think Banana Republic Outlet should start sponsoring my posts (the don’t, just to be clear) with the number of times I talk about clothes I’ve purchased there, and these jeans are no exception.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Banana Republic denim, but the Premium Denim Skinny Jeans at the BR Outlet are my new favorite find. They’re flattering for us women with athletic thighs and aren’t too skinny at the bottom. But the best part is that they only set me back about $40. Crazy, right? Finding good jeans for under $50 counts as a major deal in my book.

Another great find this past weekend came from Target. Since the nearest Target is now an hour away from our house (a great thing for my bank account) I don’t get there often. Browsing the clothing section last week was like Christmas morning. I had my eye on a similar style top from J. Crew a few weeks back, so when I found this similar version at Target for $20, I couldn’t resist.

• Reply Danielle L. September 23, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Looooving the jeans! Exactly what I’m looking for to wear with a pair of flats!

P.S. The shirt looks gorg with your eyes!

XxDani

• Reply Madison Mayberry September 24, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Thank you! It’s hard to find a great pair of skinny jeans that are actually flattering, isn’t it? Thankfully, these are just (barely) long enough for my 5’9″ frame.

• Reply Tiffany Colvert September 23, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Love this look!

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet September 24, 2012 at 11:03 am

Such a cute outfit and I’m really loving your dark hair!

• Reply Madison Mayberry September 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Thanks, Lauren! I feel like I need to adjust to wearing different colors with my dark hair vs. my blonde hair. šŸ™‚

• Reply Christina September 24, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Such a cute outfit! Love those jeans!

• Reply Madison Mayberry September 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Thanks! They really are so ultra comfy.

• Reply Cindy @ The Flipping Couple September 24, 2012 at 8:35 pm

You may have just convinced me with the line about “athletic thighs.” I definitely have those, which makes skinny jean shopping challenging!! You look darling. I love the whole look.

• Reply Madison Mayberry September 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Us girls with athletic builds need to stick together. šŸ™‚

• Reply Wanda in Edmonton September 25, 2012 at 2:06 am

Cute outfit. he jeans fit you like my Santana skinny jeans fit me. Until I lost 57 lbs, I never owned a pair of skinny jeans. Now it feels soooo good to put them on and go out of the house looking sharp and stylish. Not that I look as cute as you do in them, given that I am old enough to be your mother. šŸ™‚

• Reply natalie September 29, 2012 at 1:48 pm

taking a trip to the outlet mall in search of those jeans today!