Fashion

Transition Wear

September 9, 2012

Blouse: Banana Republic | Jeans: Banana Republic | Shoes: Kenneth Cole (from DSW)

You guys, if there ever was a time for you to consider traveling to Iowa for a long weekend, this would be the time. The weather we’ve been having here in central Iowa as of late has been nothing short of perfect. Chilly (50’s) in the morning and evening and in the 70’s and low 80’s during the days. If I could pick my dream weather, it would be the weather we’re having now. The only issue I take with this weather is that it makes it difficult to dress for the day. Am I going to be cold? Hot? Is it too early to wear a sweater and too late to wear open-toe shoes? So many questions.

I picked up this blouse at Banana Republic a few weeks ago for $8 by some great stroke of luck and excellent couponing skills. I was concerned that buying a cream blouse this late in the season wouldn’t be versatile enough for fall, but I was wrong. It’s been the perfect top to wear when I’m not sure if I’m going to be chilly during the day. And the bow tie detail around the neck means you can skip the necklace. Pretty easy, right?

• Reply Ashley September 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Your fashion posts are becoming my favorites! Where is the bag from?

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 10, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Ashley, thank you so much! The bag is Nine West and is from TJ Maxx a couple years ago.

• Reply Urban Wife September 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I love that blouse! What a great find. šŸ™‚ Sounds like the weather there is perfect.

• Reply Christina September 9, 2012 at 8:47 pm

What a great find!

I just love it when you post your outfits! You’re my style icon šŸ™‚

• Reply Madison Mayberry September 10, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Goodness, I think you’re going to be so disappointed when you meet me in person! šŸ™‚

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet September 10, 2012 at 10:32 am

Love that top! So happy that the temperatures are finally going down and I can wear some new clothes:-)

• Reply Madison Mayberry September 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Maybe you should start doing some fashion posts, too, Lauren. šŸ™‚

• Reply Katie Stedman September 10, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Love this post – especially the first photo. You look HAWT, lady!

• Reply Kristen September 11, 2012 at 5:13 am

Aww man I’m jealous. I still have to deal with 100 degrees here. Although last time I went to Iowa it was in September and it rained most of the week and rarely got above 65.

• Reply Shanna Mallon September 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

So super cute.

• Reply Wanda in Edmonton September 16, 2012 at 2:23 am

For a second there, I thought that was Kendi in the photo. šŸ™‚ Nice outfit – and pretty model.

• Reply Wanda in Edmonton September 16, 2012 at 2:38 am

Madison, you need to go check out today’s post on Kendi Everyday blog. The outfit she posted is almost the same as yours. I thought that was too cute. You really are a little fashion maven now. šŸ™‚