Fashion

Vest Love

October 31, 2012

Happy Wednesday, friends! As I write this, I’m getting ready to head to California for a mother-daughter weekend in wine country. I’m posting from my phone so I’ll keep this short. I’ll check in later this week with updates!

In the meantime, I’ll leave you with a few photos of my favorite vest. If it wasn’t strange, I think I would wear it every day. And the best part? It was only $35 dollars at our local department store.

• Reply Sara October 31, 2012 at 10:49 am

you are braver than me. i think this looks perfectly chic, but i can’t imagine ever having the guts to wear it. don’t know why! you look great though!

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Sara, you totally could pull it off! I wasn’t sure if I was brave enough, either, but their it was so comfy that I couldn’t resist.

• Reply Urban Wife October 31, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I love this vest and agree with Sara – I don’t have the guts to wear it. šŸ™‚ Enjoy the trip with your mom. Cali wine country sounds like a dream.

• Reply Sarah Erickson October 31, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Say hj to Em in CA! And I’m loving the daring vest and cute hair. šŸ™‚

• Reply Maggie G. October 31, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I LOVE your bag! Where did you get it?

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Hey Maggie! It’s from J. Crew. I bought it on clearance a couple weeks ago online and it looks like it sold out quick because I can’t find it anywhere on their site now.

• Reply Laura Britton October 31, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I am quite jealous of your wine country trip with your mom! Have so much fun and have a glass of wine for me!!

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Thanks, Laura! We had a great time. šŸ™‚

• Reply Lynne Rupp October 31, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I love your bag too, & would love the info on it–what brand etc. Thanks! And have fun with your mother.

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Hey Lynne – the bag is from J. Crew! I got it on sale a few weeks ago. I just checked their site and I can’t find it anywhere, so it appears to have gone quickly.

• Reply jamie November 2, 2012 at 6:13 pm

more food, less fashion. your poses are so so strange.

• Reply sabrina November 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

your vest looks like roadkill

• Reply justinelorelle November 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Love it! I just bought a fur vest last month, and I was SUPER tentative about wearing it. But I decided I made a good decision when I noticed I would subconsciously cuddle with myself every now and then throughout the day. Basically, I made myself my own teddy bear. (Ok, and it looks cute too ;))

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Ha! I’m happy to know I’m not the only one that does that. It just feels like I’m getting a big hug all day. Love it!

• Reply catherinej November 4, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Where is the vest from – I love it!

• Reply Madison Mayberry November 5, 2012 at 2:05 am

Thanks! It’s from a department store called Younkers!

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm

It’s from a department store in the midwest called Younkers.

• Reply catherinej November 9, 2012 at 6:59 pm

my parents live in DSM – What is the brand?? Thanks!!

• Reply Kate November 7, 2012 at 12:23 am

I love it! I have an almost identical one and agree if I could I would wear it every single day.

• Reply Maureen November 7, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Love the bag, too! Where is it from?

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Maureen, the bag is from J. Crew! I got it on sale a couple weeks ago online. I just looked and it appears to be sold out because I can’t find it anywhere. But they have some bags that are similar!