Traveling: Napa Valley

November 5, 2012

We returned yesterday from our trip to Napa Valley. My mom and I, along with our friend, Polly, had a great time drinking wonderful wine, sleeping in and working out to balance all the amazing food we ate. We also met up with our friends, Emily and Cody, who live in Sonoma. Cody is becoming a wine maker, and they showed us around his workplace while we were there. It made me a little jealous of the adventure they are on!Β A list of where we stayed and ate is at the bottom of this post!

WHERE WE STAYED:
The Napa Valley Lodge, Yountville, CA

WHERE WE ATE:
*Mustard’s Grill
*Bouchon Bakery
*Bouchon Bistro
*LaSalette

WINERY WE VISITED:
*Vine Cliff WineryΒ
*Hall Winery, Rutherford, CA

• Reply Shanna November 5, 2012 at 2:49 am

I was in the midst of fighting the first signs of a cold, surrounded by a chilly weather front that made everything require extra layers, when I saw your Instagram photos of being in California. Madison! This looks like such a perfect getaway — and in early November! good choice! I love that you and your mom like doing things like these together. She sounds awesome.

• Reply Clara Artschwager November 5, 2012 at 3:55 am

I had one of the BEST meals of my life at Mustard’s Grill! I’m still talking about it 3 years later. I got their mushroom burger which was ouf of this world, Brandon got the pork chop (which was epic), and we finished with a chocolate caramel tart that I can literally still taste. You have to share what you ate! Looks like you had an incredible trip, isn’t the scenery unreal? xoxo c

• Reply Urban Wife November 5, 2012 at 4:10 am

Looks like you had a lovely time! That’s so neat about your friends and their wine making adventure. Napa Valley has been on my bucket list for a long time and I can’t wait until make the trip someday. Did you get a chance to run outdoors?

• Reply Arbine November 5, 2012 at 4:40 am

It looks so lovely there. I hope to visit Napa in the future. πŸ™‚

• Reply Emily Rasmussen November 5, 2012 at 5:11 am

Yaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for posting these πŸ™‚ So fun to see you guys!

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet November 5, 2012 at 11:11 am

Gorgeous photos, I seriously love Napa! What a great long weekend with your mom:-)

• Reply Christina November 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Ahhhh, you’re making me so homesick. Oh, sigh. Glad you had fun! πŸ™‚

• Reply Ashley November 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm

So pretty! We just stayed in Yountville recently for a family vacation. I thought all those views/sites looked familiar!

• Reply Angela Ten Clay November 5, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Your trip looks fantastic! What a gorgeous place to visit…it’s on my bucket list. πŸ™‚ You look so great in all your photos, and I LOVE your dark hair. Cody is becoming a winemaker?! I am seriously so jealous! What a neat adventure in life. Hope you got a lot of R&R and feel rejuvenated coming back!

• Reply Amber November 6, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Looks like you had a fabulous time! And you look oh so beautiful in your pictures. I’m LOVING your dark hair!

• Reply Natalie McLaury November 8, 2012 at 2:55 am

so so glad you had fun! i want to hear what you ate at mustard’s πŸ™‚

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I had the grilled sweet potatoes, black beans with sour cream, and the pumpkin soup that was on special. And we split some amazing chocolate truffle cake dessert that was ultra rich. Thanks again for the recommendation, Natalie! It really was the best meal of the trip!

• Reply Corey Harris November 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm

We stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge for our honeymoon!! Loved all your photos…..brings back lots of fun memories and now I can’t wait to go back! πŸ™‚

• Reply MadisonMayberry November 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Isn’t it the prettiest? Such a great place. I’ve been telling Joe we need to go back!

• Reply Carrie November 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Love your pictures with Polly! I think you’re missing another blonde on that trip! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love November 20, 2012 at 12:35 am

where did you get your top?