Merry Christmas!

December 5, 2012

A few weeks back, Joe and I took Christmas card photos while my mom was in town. Since my mom is actually an amateur photographer extraordinaire, we lucked out with photos that were cute and inexpensive. Joe was actually coming down with a pretty nasty cold the morning we took photos, but he was such a trooper and didn’t complain at all about me picking out his clothes and making him smile for dozens of photos.

I was trilled with the end result! Last year we just sent out a Christmas card with one of our wedding photos since it was easy and appropriate. So it was fun to take our first official Christmas pictures together as a married couple.

For those of you who are interested, this was our second year using Pinhole Press for our Christmas cards. We got this card. I love all of their cards and was, once again, pleasantly surprised by the thick stock the cards are printed on and the quality of the photos. Plus, they have a bunch of cute designs. (No, I’m not being paid to say this, I just love Pinhole Press)

Plus, you can usually find a good discount code online if you do a little searching. We scored our cards for 30% off our entire order, making it reasonable.

Do you all do Christmas/holiday cards?

• Reply Nicole December 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I love your outfit so much! Where did you get that shirt and skirt?

• Reply Bknowsitall December 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Madison, where is your top from?! I love it! you all are too cute. Happy Holidays!

• Reply MadisonMayberry December 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm

The top is from J. Crew. I bought it last year, but this year J. Crew Factory has a very similar top. It’s not available online anymore, but perhaps they might have some in the store?

• Reply Urban Wife December 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Y’all are too cute! šŸ˜‰ We’ve done Christmas cards every year since being married. It’s one of our fun traditions.

• Reply MadisonMayberry December 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm

It is a fun tradition, isn’t it? I love the idea of having years worth of photos to see how we change every year.

• Reply karla522 December 5, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I’m in love with every single one of these photos. What a beautiful family–and keepsake! Happy Holidays, Madison!

• Reply MadisonMayberry December 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Thanks, Karla! šŸ™‚

• Reply Lindsay December 5, 2012 at 2:59 pm

We did our first holiday card as a “couple” this year but my husband didn’t want to do a wedding photo (we did a photo card as our thank you card), so we did a silly card with our dog Lottie as the star – haha. Here is the design: http://www.minted.com/product/holiday-photo-cards/MIN-D41-HYC/reindog

• Reply MadisonMayberry December 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Oh my gosh Lindsay, that’s so cute! Love it!

• Reply Laura Wifler December 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm

So cute! And I LOVED getting the card in the mail – you’re on top of it! They were just lovely!!

• Reply Jen December 5, 2012 at 3:19 pm

i third the shirt question! i have a skirt just like it and now i want a top like yours to match!!!

• Reply Erika December 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I love both of your outfits! Super cute! šŸ™‚

• Reply Channing December 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Love these photos – so festive and adorable! We just ordered our cards and used shots of our NY trip last December with everything decorated and sparkly! Love sending cards! šŸ™‚ http://sparkleandclink.com/

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet December 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Um, you two are freakin adorable… ok, so is Nutmeg. Love this:-)

• Reply Caitlyn Hendrickson December 5, 2012 at 7:02 pm

LOVE that outfit! Effortlessly combined sequins and fur!

Caitlyn

• Reply Emma @ Poires au Chocolat December 6, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I love Christmas cards! Most of my friends/relatives don’t do them but I still send them anyway. This year I bought mine from Minted – I always do a black and white christmas baking shot (we don’t really do family photos on ours in the UK). Love the sequins, too!

• Reply Angela Ten Clay December 7, 2012 at 3:51 am

You two are way too adorable. I almost freaked when I got your card in the mail because it was so darn cute! Love it. I’m all about doing a Christmas card each year…it’s just a fun way to say hi to all of our friends! I need to hurry up and get mine done…

• Reply My SF Kitchen December 13, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Your Christmas photos turned out gorgeous, what a beautiful outfit!! We had my mom take ours but I didn’t like any of them :/

• Reply Wanda Jollymore December 17, 2012 at 6:35 am

We never did Christmas cards much until we moved to Alberta. With all our family and so many friends no longer a part of our daily lives, we try to connect at Christmas with a card and a newsletter that tells what we have been up to in the past year. We gets lots of compliments from people who enjoy getting the newsletter each year, so I guess it is having the intended effect. šŸ™‚ LOVE your photos. One of those will make a real cute card.