We’ve Got Big News!

January 17, 2013

Moving1
Our boxes are packed. Our cars are as full as they can be. And it’s finally time to make it blog official…

We are moving to Minneapolis!!!

Those of you who following me on Twitter or Instagram have most likely already heard about our big move (I’m not very good at keeping a secret for too long) but seeing as that we are moving to Minnesota today, I thought it high time to let the cat out of the bag to everyone. Joe and I have been planning the move for a few weeks now and it’s been incredibly hard to keep this a secret. Here are the details:

1. Joe accepted a new job up in Minneapolis with an agriculture company after New Year’s. He’s trilled about his new job and the people he is going to work with. And we have always said we wanted to get back to Minneapolis some day. Turns out “some day” is coming a lot sooner than expected.

2. By the grace of God, I also accepted a new position. I will be starting as a food editor for General Mills in a couple weeks. I’m equally trilled to continue to work in the subject area I love with a great company.

3. We bought a house! Joe and I have both been renters since graduation and have talked about our desire to own a home with a yard for a long time. Our move seemed like a great time to buy a house, and the whole process went incredibly quick. We’ll be closing early in February. In the meantime, we are going to be living with Joe’s sister, Amber, and her hubby, Jake, and our nephew, Baylen. They are too sweet to let us live with them for a whole month. Anyone have tips on being a stellar house guest?!

4.ย Although we are incredibly excited to be moving, I can’t fail to mention that I’m also a little sad. I hate goodbyes. A lot. And leaving co-workers, friends and our church family has caused me to shed my fair share of tears over the past couple weeks. I can only hope that our friends in the area take us up on our offer to visit and stay with us soon!

5. Things on the blog might be a little crazy over the next few weeks while we transition and before we move into the new place. However, I do hope to keep the recipes coming despite the craziness. That said, I think the site may include a lot more “lifestyle” content (and maybe some home decor content, too) as that is what will be taking up a majority of my time over the next month. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Whew, I think that covers it! Anything I left out? I look forward to updating you a lot with our adventures as we transition to life in a new city and state!

Madisonย

• Reply karla522 January 17, 2013 at 7:50 pm

We will SO miss you, Madison, but I’m so excited for your new adventures! Congrats to you and Joe–I’m looking forward to following along as you get settled in. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Joanna January 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm

This sound so great and perfect for you two! I love how you remained open to the new–and this was the result. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll miss you but I know this is nothing but good for you guys.

• Reply Helen January 17, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Congratulations and best wishes on your new home/city/jobs!!

• Reply Cindy@TheFlippingCouple January 17, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Welcome to Minnesota!!!! I am so excited for you two and I’m THRILLED that you have a job up here, too. Don’t be afraid of the “lifestyle” content. I love hearing what’s going on in people’s lives. Hope the trip is going well so far!

• Reply Urban Wife January 17, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Super excited for you guys! Congratulations to Joe and you for landing awesome jobs and also buying a home. So many firsts! I can’t wait to read more about this new adventure. Oh, and isn’t it just a tad bit colder in Minnesota than Iowa? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Claire January 17, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Welcome to Minnesota, Madison! Would love to catch up once life is settled (it’s been a long time since those ISU/Greek Bible studies)!

• Reply Romantic Savy January 17, 2013 at 8:48 pm

How exciting on all of the new changes. You have lots going on and it’s all great news. Best of luck!

• Reply Jess January 17, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Welcome to Minneapolis! I’m excited that you’ll now be a “local” blogger ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 17, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Congrats!! That job sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you!

• Reply Christina January 17, 2013 at 10:12 pm

WOW. That’s all I can say. Must text you. Need more details ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet January 17, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Um, how did I miss all of this?! I’m so excited for you and Joe, what a big move for you!!! Can’t wait to hear more and see pics of the new house when you move in. Good luck xoxo

• Reply poiresauchocolat January 17, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Congratulations! How exciting for you guys!

• Reply Guest January 17, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Is he working for Syngenta? Good luck!

• Reply Joni January 18, 2013 at 12:06 am

So happy for you both and even happier the house purchase worked out! Congratulations!

• Reply Marisa January 18, 2013 at 12:39 am

Congratulations! Looks like 2013 is going to be a great year!

• Reply Kristin January 18, 2013 at 12:39 am

hey, friend. can’t wait to be neighbors with you again! love you to pieces. praying for smooth travel and transition for you, joe, and nut! love you!

• Reply Amy Wheaton January 18, 2013 at 12:41 am

Exciting! Congrats on your news. Can’t wait to read about your move and your new home. Good luck!

• Reply Crystal J Kinney January 18, 2013 at 4:50 am

I live in Minneapolis, too! Welcome!! Whenever I find out that a blogger I like is living in my area, it feels like someone famous is nearby. Haha. Thanks for bringing the fame to MN ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Jenny January 18, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Congrats! Glad to hear you’ll be a local blogger in Minnesota now!:)

• Reply Emily Schloerb January 18, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Congratulations Madison (on the move and the new job)! Can’t wait to read about the move/house.

• Reply Amanda Ingle January 18, 2013 at 3:14 pm

It looks like Minneapolis is represented well now. ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats.

• Reply Jen January 18, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Congrats! All the best!

• Reply Sue h January 20, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Congrats! Enjoy your new adventures!

• Reply Krysten January 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Yay! This is great news! I’m also in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis) Metro Area! Let me know if you need any tips or anything at all! Enjoy the -10 today! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Amanda January 21, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Yay for Minnesota! I’m a reader from Minneapolis! I hope your move goes well!

• Reply Shannon January 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Congratulations to you and to Joe! So many blessings in one move! Safe travels as you head northward. I am one of your faithful readers who also lives in Minneapolis and would love to meet you when you get settled in the Twin Cities.

• Reply Suze January 29, 2013 at 1:14 am

Congrats and good luck with the move! I live on the East Coast but am hoping to move home to Minnesota — so it’s great to hear the job market is so good!

• Reply Madison Mayberry January 29, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Thanks, Suze! Do let me know if you ever end up in MSP!

• Reply Cara Robles January 29, 2013 at 11:06 pm