Christmas Open House 2013

December 19, 2013

Wine_SetUp
Sunday night we hosted a Christmas open house! It wasn’t anything big or elaborate, but I’m incredibly thankful that my momma, the woman with an eye for design and entertaining, made the trip up to help prepare for our party. I can always manage on the food front, but I’ll be honest, I always feel much more relaxed when my mom is around to help with decorating and setting things up in just the right way.

Also! We brought Pippa home last Friday. Two days into living with us and she was already the star of her first party. Okay, well she mainly did a lot of sleeping and relaxing and lounging in the arms of our guests. How cute is the picture below with Nick and Cindy? It’s a bit blurry, but I had to share.

NickCindy_1

Also, I’m gladly accepting any and all advice on training a puppy! Little miss Pippa was a rockstar in her crate the first three nights, but she turned the corner with 1 1/2 hours of barking between the hours of 10:30 and 12. She’s mastered a few commands very quickly, like “sit” and “kennel up” thanks to watching Nutmeg, who I’m convinced is the world’s most patient dog with kids, people and puppies.

If you have any books, websites or just personal advice that you want to pass along, I will eat it right up!

IMG_2083

Joe_Reid_Sue_1

Food_1

• Reply Gabby Deitsch December 19, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Ask and you shall receive: http://www.livingwithaboy.com/training-grace/

• Reply Justine December 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Obviously I haven’t haven’t had a chance to use it yet, but a friend recommended Ian Dunbar to me a while ago when I thought we were going to get a dog. I’ve read a lot of his PDFs (http://www.siriuspup.com/behavior_problems.html), and they seem super helpful and smart. Hope they help you!

• Reply Urban Wife December 19, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Sorry I have no puppy training advice but Pippa is adorable! Looks like it was a lovely party. šŸ™‚

• Reply Caroline December 20, 2013 at 12:33 am

My mom loves the Monks of New Skete (http://www.amazon.com/Art-Raising-Puppy-Revised/dp/0316083275). She used their book when we got our first family dog as a puppy and I used it to train my puppy 2 years ago! It’s the best!

• Reply Cindy Germann December 20, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I love the little exchange Nick and Pippa are having in that photo! She is such a darling.

And you, my dear, throw a wonderful party! We were so glad to be included and had such a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your puppy with me, too!

• Reply Jill G. December 20, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Caleb is the puppy whisperer! Those first few weeks are rough, though. At least Nutmeg is there so she can watch and learn!