Fashion, Uncategorized

Work It Out

September 12, 2014

prAna clothing shoot | espresso and cream

You guys, let’s get honest for a minute. No one told me that when you get pregnant it’s not just your stomach that gets bigger; everything gets bigger! Honestly, I’m working every day at embracing those changes and loving my growing body, but putting on old clothing that doesn’t fit the same way anymore doesn’t do much for my self confidence.

This has been especially true when working out. I immediately went out a bought a size up in some of my favorite workout shorts and purchased a few looser tops for working out, because nothing zaps my motivation at the gym like feeling gross and uncomfortable. I’ve been trying to stick to a fairly consistent workout routine lately, mainly consisting of lots of long walks, my beloved Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project videos and my friend Robin’s “Balanced Beginnings” Pilates videosΒ in addition to light weight lifting.

So when prAna asked if I would like to partner together, I jumped at the chance. The prAna Minneapolis store is only minutes away from my house and I’ll admit that until this project rolled around I had never stepped foot into the store. It was so fun getting to shop at the store and pick out the pieces I thought would transition well with me throughout the fall.

I was really impressed with the quality of all of prAna’s clothing as well as the comfort of all the clothes I tried on. They’re so soft! In the photos above I’m wearing the Eliza Jacket in coal and the Gabi Legging in black. The leggings are some of the softest I’ve ever worn, perfect for my body right now when comfort is king. And I can easily see this jacket being worn much of the fall as temperatures get a little cooler.

prAna clothing | espresso and creamWhat are your favorite active wear brands? I’m always dying to find new favorites!Β

*The clothing in this post was provided to me by prAna. Opinions are 100% my own and always geared toward the best interest of E&C readers.Β

• Reply Brittany Thode September 12, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Stay positive! I’m 4 1/2 months pregnant with our first, and I can absolutely relate to the self-esteem battle. Don’t forget that your body is responding to the signals of creating your little one, and the joy that comes with knowing that as you grow so does the baby. (There will definitely be days where you FEEL that growth!) Remember to keep your doctor in the loop about your activity too! So happy for you guys.

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 15, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Thanks, Brittany! And congrats on your pregnancy, too. Sounds like we’re due pretty close to the same time! My doctor has certainly given me a more liberal go-ahead to exercise without many restrictions, but I’ve been playing it even safer. πŸ™‚ Super thankful right now for pregnancy-specific workout videos!

• Reply Lauren @ Sassy Molassy September 12, 2014 at 6:26 pm

You’re looking great and I love that jacket!!

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 15, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Thanks, Lauren! I’ve already worn the jacket so much. It’s so great for fall!

• Reply Rachel September 12, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Love that jacket! You reminded me that I need to stop in and check out their store, they are right next to where my best friend works! Anyway, looking great! I’m sure those changes are hard, but you look AMAZING so keep doing whatever you are doing to stay happy and healthy!

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 15, 2014 at 12:43 pm

You really should! I can’t believe that I’ve walked past it about a million times and never checked it out until now. πŸ™‚ And thanks for the extra encouragement, Rachel. I can use all I can get right now!

• Reply mark a. September 12, 2014 at 8:36 pm

you look awesome! congrats! you look just fine for a mommy-to-be!

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 15, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Thank you, Mark!

• Reply Urban Wife September 14, 2014 at 1:29 am

That jacket is amazing and looks wonderful on you! I’ve never heard of Prana until now, which seems crazy considering my love for activewear. I’ll def need to check them out online!

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 15, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I’ve already worn it non stop this fall since the weather got super cold a week ago! I’m kicking myself for not checking out prAna sooner! They seem very on par with places like Athleta and Lulu, albeit geared toward a slightly more mature audience than the tweens in Lulu. πŸ™‚

• Reply Urban Wife September 17, 2014 at 3:14 am

Tweens in Lulu…that’s hilarious and interesting because the Lulu store near our house is the complete opposite. It seems to be more of a ‘soccer moms’ and ‘housewives’ crowd.

• Reply ali grace September 14, 2014 at 8:57 pm

First of all – you look GREAT! Seriously. So great! Second – Love those leggings and the jacket. I’m definitely going to check prAna out too. Yay for comfortable/functional clothes! πŸ™‚

• Reply MadisonMayberry September 15, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Thank you, Ali! The leggings are seriously the most comfortable ever. So soft and stretchy. πŸ™‚

• Reply TheBalancedLife September 21, 2014 at 5:37 am

You are so cute!! So glad you’re able to be active. Give yourself all kinds of grace in the body department. You will expand in ALL ways but it’s temporary. And it’s healthy and your body is doing exactly what it needs to do. Love your outfit too! xo, Robin