Pregnancy, Uncategorized

20 Weeks

October 14, 2014

photo (17)

How far along are you? 20 weeks 1 day
Cravings? Lately food has really sounded unappealing to me and my appetite seems to either be raging or completely non-existent. It’s strange to fluctuate between the two! Pizza always sounds good, but I’ve been limiting my pizza consumption to once a week and opting for veggies, fruit, whole grains, protein and dairy instead. I’m pretty thankful not to have many cravings, since it means I can eat like my usual self. Sweet still sound terrible most of the time, which is strange since I usually have a huge sweet tooth.
Weight Gain: I don’t have another doctor’s appointment for 2 weeks but I’m guessing close to 14/15 pounds at this point.
Fears: We had our follow-up ultrasound with the perinatal specialist today and were blessed and relieved to get a healthy report from the doctor. I was scared to see a specialist, but given our 2-vessel cord, my doctor wanted to make sure everything else was healthy, especially the heart. I was SO nervous for the appointment, but feel such a sense of peace and well-being now, which is the first time I’ve really felt this peaceful all pregnancy. We’ll continue to have monthly ultrasounds to keep an eye on growth, but so far baby continues to measure ahead! Praise be to God!
Generally Feeling: Great! This week I truly feel fantastic. After battling pregnancy headaches for weeks on end, I started taking an iron supplement since my prenatal didn’t have added iron and I heard that headaches can be a sign that you’re lacking in iron. I haven’t had a headache since and it’s such a relief!
Looking Forward To: Registering! We haven’t really even thought about registering, but I think it’s time to get on that soon. If you have any registry advice, please let me know! I’m clueless.
What I’ve Been Loving: Joe felt the baby move for the first time with his hand on my stomach. Seeing his excitement was the highlight of my week! He’s going to be a great dad.
Maternity Clothes? Nothing new to report here. I have still been loving the maternity dresses I purchased from ASOS (thanks for the recs!) and have been wearing a lot of my pre-maternity tops and pants with the help of the Belly Band. I also purchased a few more pairs of these Gap leggings and a pair of black maternity dress pants so I can wear more of my tops.
Boy or Girl: Keeping it a surprise until March!

• Reply Brittany Thode October 14, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Congratulations! That’s wonderful news from the doctor. Let us know how your experience goes with registering – it seems like a minefield! What is your opinion on the Gap leggings? I’ve considered purchasing some, but wasn’t sure based on some of the reviews. Curious for your opinion 🙂

• Reply MadisonMayberry October 14, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Hi Brittany! The Gap leggings are SO comfortable and soft, but they are certainly on the thinner side. I’ve been wearing them a lot with dresses that I want to transition into fall/winter, but I wouldn’t wear them without a dress because they are thin unless I’m just hanging around the house. However, I did just purchase these demi-panel skinny pants and LOVE them. They’re more legging-like in fit (aka tighter and skinny at the bottom) and don’t have pockets. I have been wearing them a lot with long tops and would highly recommend them! http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1014426&vid=1&pid=460890002

• Reply Brittany Thode October 14, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Hi Madison – thank you for your reply! I very much appreciate your suggestion and input.They demi-panel skinny pants look so comfy! I might have to invest in the skinny pants. Right now I’m living off of thin leggings from H&M (boo) and new jeans (love!). I just purchased a couple pairs of the 1969 Demi Panel Always Skinny jeans, and I’m so happy with them. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6019&vid=1&pid=426224002

• Reply AEOT (Up North Preppy) October 14, 2014 at 7:53 pm

For the registry, I would highly recommend the aden + anais swaddle blankets. My boys still love them (2&4). I prefer the bamboo but have the muslin too and they are also great. They wash and wear so, so well. If you are planning to nurse, I thought the tommee tippee bottles were a great transition between nursing and bottle feeding for my boys at daycare. I love the boon drying rack for bottles (and wine glasses!!). I also highly recommend the cuisinart mini-prep if you plan on making your own baby food. You definitely don’t need the fancy contraptions (especially you!!). There is a great baby food cookbook that I got from my SIL that W&S carries- I loved it and used a lot of the recipes but you can also just find a ton online. I’m thrilled all was well today!

• Reply jesscuellar October 14, 2014 at 7:58 pm

half way there! looking great lady:) and i second the aden and anais blankets, my favorite item and my almost three-year-old son still sleeps with his. we need a new set for baby #2! http://semiweeklyeats.blogspot.com/2014/10/weekend-outfit-5.html

• Reply Charla October 14, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Looking good mama! Half way there!!

The Solly Wrap was my favorite baby item. I wore Perry in it until she was a year. Not only was it helpful to have my hands free, but people wouldn’t touch her if I was wearing her.

Where is your dress from? Love it!

• Reply Kerry @ XO Kerry October 14, 2014 at 10:11 pm

GAH! I wish I knew what you were having! I commissioned this beautiful baby quilt before I found out it was a girl because I was sure it was a boy!! Anyway it has these cute little foxes on it and a chevron print. I know our styles are similar so I wanted to send it to you if you could use it.

I posted my 20 week update today too! Time is going so fast. We are registering this weekend 🙂

• Reply Rebecca October 15, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Congratulations Madison! What a blessing that this ultrasound went well. I had my first baby (after a miscarriage) in March (yay March!) and we registered with http://babyli.st/. I HIGHLY recommend it – you can add items from any website/store (we had items from Amazon, Etsy, Target, Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us, etc.) The best part is that you could list different stores that sold the same item so people could price compare and buy it where it was the cheapest! As a super deal finder, I loved that aspect the most.

• Reply Nichole October 17, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

• Reply Brittany Rigdon October 23, 2014 at 1:27 am

Beautiful! Glad to read that all is well after your ultrasound and that your are feeling a sense of calmness at this stage in the pregnancy. My thoughts are with you!