The Secret to Great Hair

February 6, 2015

No Makeup Photo

Okay, this post’s title is a little bit of a joke when you consider the photo above, but I just had to bop in and share a little tip that’s been making a huge difference in how my hair looks and how often I have to wash and dry it.

Now that my hair is getting on the longer side, it’s become more and more of a hassle to blow dry. I am to only wash my hair 2-3 times a week to keep it healthy and to save me time, so anything that can help my hair look good for days on end is something I’m interested in! I don’t quite remember where, but a few months ago I remember reading about how to keep your blow-out looking great for days on end. The tip said that when you’re sleeping at night, the key is to take all your hair and put it in a loose, super high pony tail.

I’ll admit that I was skeptical at first but I agreed to give it a try. And you know what? It totally worked! Something about the high nature of the pony tail left a much less noticeable crease in my hair the next day and helped keep the volume created when blow drying. So, in case you’re looking to speed up your routine and wash/dry your hair less, give it a try!

• Reply Sarah February 6, 2015 at 1:54 pm

I love this! You always have super cute hair. I’d love to see what products you use (mousse, dry shampoo, etc.) and how you get so much volume at your roots!

• Reply Brittany Rigdon February 6, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Do you have a specific Dry Shampoo that you are using? I use a cheaper Suave brand but it makes my hair a bit chalky.

• Reply Heather Disarro February 6, 2015 at 2:19 pm

You really do have great hair anyway though – I’m so jealous!

• Reply Lori February 6, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I want to know your trick to getting all that volume! You must be a wiz with a blow dryer :]

• Reply Brindi B February 6, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I do this all the time. I grew up with my mama “planting” it on top of my head! (planting is what we called it)

• Reply Sonya J February 6, 2015 at 7:35 pm

I’ve been doing this for years! Putting your hair high up in a ponytail or bun creates volume so you don’t wake up with flat hair which is also going to make it look less greasy. Sometimes when I’m just at home and don’t care how I look, I’ll wash and blow dry my hair, let it cool off for 10 minutes, and then put it up in a bun at the top of my head. That way, the next day I’ll take it down, shake it out, and i’ll have super fresh hair! 🙂

• Reply Brittany Fry February 6, 2015 at 9:11 pm

This is exactly what I have been needing to do! I wake up every morning and all the little pieces around my face are greasy and I feel like the only way to fix it is to wash it. Thanks!!!

• Reply Krista February 18, 2015 at 8:18 pm

I love my hair when I’m pregnant, but around 4 months post partum I lost a ton and then some (but it is not like I had bald spots, just went back to normal). Its normal and I’m sure you will experience the same thing.