Family

An Intention for 2016

January 4, 2016

X8Z9HGEBOM

Truth be told, I wrote a whole list of intentions down in a blog post and was ready to hit “publish” but as I was laying in bed last night, thinking about the year to come, I paused. My list had a whole bunch of things, like feeling good in a swimsuit and reading more books and what not. Fine intentions, and things I still probably pursue in the year to come. But as I was thinking about what truly matters, I condensed my intentions down into one thing:

Be completely, 100% sold out for God in 2016. Pursue him in our home and in the world around me. Find ways to bless others through my desire to pursue Him.

Please, don’t read this and think I’ve got it together. The intention above is a lofty goal for someone like me who makes plans for quiet time that get shoved aside in favor of less-important things, who lets her Bible go too many days unopened, and who things about her own self interests above others more than she would like to admit.

But grace, friends! Lots of grace for my intentions for the year and your resolutions and goals. Permission to fail and stumble and get back up and keep trying.

• Reply ali grace | cookies and grace January 4, 2016 at 8:52 pm

grace upon grace upon grace… Happy New Year to you!

• Reply Julie Johnson January 4, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I really enjoyed your post. I decided I wasn’t going to call it a New Year’s Resolution, but rather a new life motto – “Be Intentional”

I want to integrate this into my whole life- my thoughts, words, and actions. I want to make sure all of these aspects demonstrate me extending God’s love to others, to keep myself positive when things are not feeling that way, to take care of myself and be intentional about the foods and the amount I’m eating that they may be in a manner of fueling and taking care of my body, rather than eating until I’m stuffed or things I don’t really need.

Grace, Grace, God’s Grace. Blessings to you and yours in 2016!

• Reply Katie @ Live Half Full January 5, 2016 at 12:58 am

I love this! And I bet it will affect every single aspect of your life. 🙂

• Reply Katherine Kelly January 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Love this. And especially the last line. In it together!

• Reply Jourdan January 10, 2016 at 2:19 am

Just wanted you to feel encouraged that I constantly see you pointing others toward God! He is a mighty God, so faithful, and worthy of all our praise!

• Reply Madison Mayberry January 11, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Thank you so so much Jourdan! I appreciate your kind words and the time you took to comment. It’s such an encouragement to me!