Cheesy Farro-Broccoli Bake
Recipe type: Side Dish/Vegetarian Entree
- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup 2% or full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the all the ingredients until well-combined. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Alternate method: If you're looking for a more traditional casserole-type dish, I would suggest substituting the Greek yogurt for a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
Recipe by Espresso and Cream at http://espressoandcream.com/2014/04/cheesy-farro-broccoli-bake.html