Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies (4 Cookies)
Author: Espresso and Cream
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ tablespoon almond milk or other milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, non-dairy chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat (such as a silpat) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond meal, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a second small bowl, combine the egg yolk and butter until smooth and well combined. Add in the almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until evenly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Espresso and Cream at http://espressoandcream.com/2014/05/small-batch-chocolate-chip-cookies-4-cookies.html